Thursday, June 5, 2008

This Is True Love

Today my friend and I were talking about our kids—he about the daughter that he completely adores, and who obviously adores him. I made the comment that I wished someone would talk to or about me the way he talks to and about her, but then I realized I already do…

I don’t know of a day that goes by that my son does not tell me I look “hot” or that he loves me or that I’m funny. Not a day goes by that I don’t tell him that he looks "cool" or that I love him (about nine hundred times) or that he does something that makes me laugh so hard that I snort.

I haven’t been so lucky in love, at least in the grown-up sense. However, I wouldn’t trade the true love, affection and utter joy that I feel every day when I am with my son for anything in the world. I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but my son is--by any stretch of the imagination--the best thing I ever did.

Lucky in love: I am!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! That's sweet. Our love for our children surpasses romantic love, even if we're lucky in that area. When I had my children I learned the true meaning of unconditional love.

~amy said...

Regan: Thank you... I don't think anyone really, really knows the true meaning of unconditional until they have a child... If they do then they are exceptional.. and lucky!!! A